This is a PRO feature
What is the Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook Custom Audience Pixel makes conversion tracking, optimization and remarketing easier than ever. Once it's placed on your website, you can do the following on Facebook and Instagram:
Measure cross-device conversions: See how your customers are moving between devices before they convert.
Optimize delivery to people likely to take action: Ensure your ads are being seen by people most likely to take the action you want them to take, like purchase or fill out a form.
Automatically build audiences for website visitors to retarget: Create Custom Audiences for people who take specific actions on your website, like visited a product page, added to cart or purchased a product.
Create Lookalike Audiences. Find more people who are similar to your best customers.
Run dynamic product ads. Create relevant and timely ads on Facebook based on the products people have visited on your website.
Access Audience Insights. Get rich insights about the people who visit your website.
What happens when I integrate it with Linktree?
If you are a Linktree PRO user, We've done all the heavy lifting for you!
All you need to do, is create your Facebook Pixel and then copy and paste your Pixel ID into your Linktree settings.
Here is the easiest way to get your Pixel ID
1. Go to the Facebook Events Manager
2. Press ‘SET UP PIXEL’.
3. Press 'Email Instructions'.
4. Copy-paste the Pixel ID displayed.
5. Paste it in the Pixel ID Field in the 'Analytics' section found in the ‘Settings’ tab.
6. Once you have added your Pixel ID, you will need to go back to Facebook Event Manager to generate a Facebook Access Token.
7. In the Event Manager, go to the Settings tab
8. Under Conversions API, click 'Create Access Token' under the 'Set up manually' section and follow the prompts.
9. Once you have your Token, copy your Token and then go back to the 'Analytics' section found in the 'Settings' tab in your Linktree Admin
10. Click the pencil icon on the right-hand side of your Pixel ID that you pasted in step 5.
11. Paste your Token in the available field right below your Pixel ID
Once you have put your Facebook Pixel ID in the field provided, the Facebook Pixel will be fired on every Linktree profile visit and will track the audience for you to use on Facebook.
The following pixel events will fire:
On every Linktree view - 'pageView' event will fire
On every link click - 'linkClick' event will fire
If you need to check for event deduplication for your linkClick, select 'Event Details' on the lower right-hand corner and then the 'Event overview' option.
If you're using the Facebook Pixel Helper, this is what the tool will show after a user has clicked a link on your Linktree.
If you see a red notification on your Pixel, this means that you will need to allow the Linktree domain.
1. Click the 'Diagnostics tab in your Events Manager
2. You will see a warning noting that there is a new domain sending data. Click 'Learn how to fix this issue' at the bottom of the page.
3. Select the 'Manage Traffic Permissions' button, which will take you to the 'Settings' tab of your Events Manager
4. Under the 'Settings' tab, scroll down to 'Traffic permissions' at the bottom and click 'Create Allow List'
5. Under the Linktr.ee domain click 'Add to allow list' option under the 'Permissions' column
6. Click 'Confirm' to add to the allow list
7. Refresh your browser and the red notification should be removed